Adult Day Program Services (ADP)
The Adult Day Program Services (ADP) is a licensed adult day program for individuals with moderate to profound developmental disabilities located in Lafayette, CA.
ADP focuses on teaching and coaching individuals in the areas of Community Inclusion, Self-Advocacy, Self-Care, Social Skills, and Vocational Exploration. Participants are provided ample opportunities for practicing and using skills in real-life community settings.
For more information, contact Director of Adult Day Program Services, Jason Parks at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We help participants discover their hopes & Dreams through person-centered planning.
- We encourage Independence by teaching people to be self-reliant in ways that are meaningful to them.
- We help develop and nurture a person’s strengths and Skills including both honing current skills and learning new ones.
- The DISCOVER Program spends time in the Community to help participants explore resources and connections that may be helpful in accomplishing their goals.
- We also provide volunteer and occupational-vocational Opportunities to both explore those options for those unfamiliar and to provide those options for those that enjoy these activities.
- The program also encourages participants to discover their Voice primarily through the Arts to help them better express their wants & needs.
- Our Exercise & Diet curriculum helps people live healthier lives by finding what works best for each person.
- Finally, our DISCOVER program recognizes that no one is completely independent and therefore creating and building Relationships is a focus of our program. We all need people in our lives for companionship and for support in helping us achieve our goals.
Las Trampas Exercises
Our Dance/Exercise Room is designed to provide individuals with opportunities for physical conditioning and is accessible to people with severe physical disabilities. Classes change frequently and may include: basic movement, yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba, wheelchair and in-seat exercise, and mindfulness.
Las Trampas Cooks
At the end of most months, the participants of the Adult Day Program host a lunch for the entire program after spending several weeks learning how to use kitchen equipment, choose a menu, shop for ingredients and then plan and prepare the meal.
Las Trampas Grows
Individuals learn the value of choosing to grow plants, including fruits and vegetables. Participants learn to purchase seeds, plant them in our garden, and tend them as they grow!
Las Trampas Pays
Some participants in the Adult Day Program participate in paid-work opportunities to hone their employment skills. This includes on-site janitorial/maintenance work, as well as off-site contract work in janitorial/maintenance and yard maintenance areas with local companies and agencies, including clean-up of Walnut Creek Parks. If you manage or own a company that may require these services, the people we serve are more than happy to help you.
For more information or a quote on the work you need done, contact Director of Adult Day Program Services, Jason Parks at: email@example.com
Adult Day Program provides specialized services to meet the needs of the individuals served by the program. These services include, but are not limited to: assistance with eating (including G-tube), assistance with medication administration, health monitoring, and assistance with personal care needs.